Mind Care Clinic is now Medisave accredited!

Medisave psychiatry

We are pleased to announce that Mind Care Clinic has been accredited under the Medisave Scheme – qualifying patients may now utilise their Medisave accounts under the Chronic Disease Management Programme (CDMP) to pay for up to 85% of their outpatient medical bill at Mind Care Clinic.

This article was edited on 6 June 2018 to reflect the latest updates on the Medisave Withdrawal Limits as of 1 June 2018.

What is CDMP?

The Chronic Disease Management Programme (CDMP) allows the use of a patient’s or their family’s Medisave to offset medical expenses for chronic diseases. Some examples of chronic diseases include diabetes, hypertension, asthma and epilepsy etc.

Over the years, some psychiatric conditions have been added on to this list. This helps to reduce out-of-pocket cash payments for your outpatient bills.

How much Medisave can I use for my bills?

You can use your own or your family member’s  Medisave (up to 10 accounts) of up to $500 per account per year. Each claim is subject to a 15% co-payment in cash, NETS or Visa/Mastercard at the clinic.

Example:

Total outpatient bill $100

Amount payable via Medisave $85

Out-of-pocket payment at clinic $15

Which psychiatric conditions are covered under CDMP?

Only certain conditions are covered by CDMP. For Psychiatry, these are:

  • Anxiety Disorders
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Dementia
  • Depression
  • Schizophrenia

Other related conditions include:

  • Stroke
  • Parkinson’s Disease
  • Epilepsy

For a full list, please refer to MOH’s CDMP page. 

Do also note that for eligible chronic conditions, there are certain medication/supplements that are not eligible for Medisave Claims.

What do I need to do for the claim?

On the day of your scheduled visit, please inform our receptionist that you would like to utilise your Medisave for payment. You will be asked to fill out the Medical Claims Authorisation Form at the clinic.

Your doctor will be able to advise you if you qualify for payment under this scheme, if you are diagnosed with the conditions that are covered under CDMP.

The CDMP covers up to 85% of your bill, with the remaining 15% being a co-payment using either cash, NETS or VISA/Mastercard. However if for any reason you decide to use Medisave/CDMP for less than 85% of your bill, please inform our receptionist at the time of payment.

How can I find out more?

For enquiries on using your Medisave at Mind Care Clinic, please contact us.

Read about the CDMP on MOH’s website